“I will know that you are standing together with one spirit and one purpose, fighting together for the faith, which is the Good News.” Philippians 1:27 NLT
Overview Theme Description
The Power of One.
One passion, one purpose and one goal can drive an athlete, coach, or team to be their very best.
The Impact of One.
One player, one play, and one game-changing moment can transform the course of competition and bring victory.
Everything comes down to One.
There is power in One Gospel. There is power in One Truth. And there is power in our One Great God who transforms hearts and brings victory in our lives. As Christian athletes, when we stand together with one passion, one power, and one purpose, there is great impact!
Let’s stand together as One!
Daily Theme Objectives
They Understand That:
- One Passion: God loves them; they have worth; God has a plan for them
- Daily Verse: Romans 8:38
- Secondary Verses: Jeremiah 29:11; John 3:16
- Bible Story: Jesus’ birth; Mary
- One Pain: sin is the cause of pain and death; we are all sinners; Jesus saves; Jesus is the pain-killer
- Daily Verse: Romans 3:232-4;
- Secondary Verses: Jesus; Romans 5:8
- Bible Story: Jesus at Cross; thief at the cross
- One Power: Jesus has power over sin and death; live victoriously we can experience the power of Christ; He gives us victory; power through prayer, Word, fellowship. romans 8:31
- Daily Verse: Ephesians 1:19-20
- Secondary Verses: Romans 6:10; John 16:33; Romans 11:36
- Bible Story: Jesus’ resurrection; Peter’s denial and reinstatement
- Key Training Points: Power through Prayer (James 5:16), Word, Fellowship
- One Purpose: Be one, so the world will believe in Jesus. Unity; teamwork; service
- What are the attributes of a team with one heart? Team cohesion
- Result: the world will see Jesus Christ.
- We are only as strong as our weakest link; individual strength
- Transcendent cause; be willing to sacrifice for a cause greater than yourself
- Daily Verse: John 17:21
- Secondary Verses: John 13:35; Philippians 2:1-2; Galatians 3:28b; Ephesians 4:4
- Bible Story: great commission; disciples/early church